Set Current Location
According to legend, this place was built in 1498 on the site of a miraculous apparition. The frescoed portal of the Deposition is from 1505. On the left of the portal, is another Renaissance fresco of the Virgin, Child and two Angels. On the right side are remains of an old building which could have been a cloisters. The bell tower has little windows and finishes in a pyramid shape. The interior has one nave with a cross vault, decorations and ornaments. There is an arch by the apse and the main altar was made in 1642 with a great deal of golden stucco, decorated columns, allegoric statues and a 15th-century triptych. There are also frescoes by the school of Andrea de Litio. The church is found on the road between Alanno and Cugnoli. From Alanno, take the road for Cugnoli and turn left for Torre De Passeri. After 3 kilometers (1.9 miles) you find the church.
Built in the 17th Century to commemorate an apparition of the Madonna, this has a facade with a central, square part covered by stone blocks. Above the neoclassical portal is a square window underlined by a cornice. The upper, central part of the facade finished with an oval, horizontal cornice. The higher sides are sloping. The interior has a nave with two lateral chapels, covered by frescoes. The decorations contain 54 scenes and portraits. This is not far from Pietranico which can be reached by the A25 from Pescara, from the Casauria-Torre de Passeri exit.