Marmon Valley Farm provides camping and horseback riding facilities at its Logan County location. Named for the Marmon dwellings from the early 1800s, the farm is popular owing to its fun summer camps. Earlier the visitors had to set-up tents and camping sites in the vicinity, but somewhere in the nineties, a permanent lodge for overnight stay was built. This space also doubles up as an event venue and can also be rented for overnight retreats.
The elegant site of Piatt Castles was constructed in 1864. The structuring and building of the Castles was done by the Piatt brothers, namely Donn and Abraham S. Piatt. They stand eloquent as two chateaux buildings and are fine examples of the Gothic style of architecture. The ancient castles carry great historical significance and are opened to the general public. The site stands listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The monumental Holland Theater is a vintage movie theater that is the pride of the Bellefontaine region of Ohio. The historical theater was constructed and opened for the general public in 1931. It is incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places and is based on the Dutch theme.
This beautiful Second Empire County House that is spread over 1.5 acres (0.61 hectares) of land is the Logan County Courthouse. Known as a tourist destination spot, this place is welcomes it's visitors to the land of County history. This place was registerd on the Nation Historical Places in the year 1973.
Campbell Hill is the highest point in the state of Ohio, rising 1,550 feet (472 m) into the sky. Unlike the rest of Ohio's landscape, the spot where Campbell Hill stands was able to resist the glaciers that flattened the surrounding area during the Ice Age. The hill was first known as Hoge's Hill, but took on a new name when Soloman Lafayette Hoge deeded the hill to one Charles D. Campbell, for whom the hill was renamed. Today, the federal government of the United States owns the hill, and has since 1950. In fact, the government set up a station for the 664th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron on top of Campbell Hill, which operated until 1969. Today, visitors to the hill can hike up to its peak, where they can learn about the hill's history through several historcal markers located on the hill and take in the views of the surrounding area.