Set Current Location
The First Presbyterian Church of Dallas in Dallas' Historic District was founded in 1856 and has been through many incarnations. This church has been a mother church, spawning many of Dallas' other Presbyterian churches throughout the years. The Greek Revival style of the church features monolithic Corinthian columns which were shipped individually on their own flatcars from Indiana.
This historic landmark, built from 1898 to 1902 by an architect whose identity remains a mystery, is the sentinel to not only the Catholic Church, but also the essence of a bygone era. This Gothic Revival church has survived monumental changes in the landscape of downtown Dallas. It is built of locally produced brick, and renovations over the decades have retained the integrity and dignity of the original structure. Cathedral Santuario de Guadalupe has served as the base for Dallas' Roman Catholic Bishop since its completion in 1902.
Serving Dallas since 1857, this Episcopal Cathedral Church is the seat of the Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas. The church, along with being an important place for worship, is also a recognized historic landmark by the Texas Historical Commission. Interesting architectural and artistic features of the church include the 19th-century stained glass windows, most notably the Nativity scene, and the collection of Victorian-era paintings.