The Princeton Public Library is dedicated to offering a wide range of books for people of all ages, covering almost every genre. In addition, they have various programs and events for children, parents and young adults.
Built in 1925, St. Lucy's Church was established to serve the city's Italian diaspora. The brick and stone building was constructed in the Romanesque style of architecture, but the real treasures can be found in the church interiors. Studded with awe-inspiring murals, frescoes and sculptural work, the church interiors are a spectacular affair and warrant a visit. Built in 1925, this historic church found its place in the prestigious National Register of Historic Places in the year 1998. St. Lucy's Church is the National Shrine of St. Gerard.
Located on Stockton Street, the Drumthwacket Estate is the official home of the governor. The building was built in the 19th century and is the base for the Drumthwacket Foundation as well as a museum showcasing old artifacts.
Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park has many historic structures like 19th Century cobblestone spillways, bridges, stone culverts, bridge tender houses and so on. The park is teeming with greenery and makes for a great spot to engage in activities like jogging, horseback riding, hiking, biking and more.
Offering a glimpse into the life of the Jewish community in Newark, The Jewish Museum of New Jersey housed inside the historic Ahavas Sholom is a popular local attraction. The many temporary and permanent exhibitions at this museum aims at educating the visitors regarding the local Jewish history and culture. The Jewish Museum of New Jersey provides local, as well as traveling artists, with a space to exhibit their work. A section at this museum is dedicated to the local holocaust survivors.
A shining beacon of freedom, Lady Liberty dominates the eponymous Liberty Island in New York, her copper-wrought form towering over the city's harbor in all its glory. French activist Édouard René de Laboulaye expressed solidarity with the United States on behalf of his nation, if and when the US decided to build a monument that would be emblematic of their independence. The Statue of Liberty thus was the creative culmination of French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi and Gustave Eiffel and came to be an honorable offering from the nation of France to the United States. Designed to represent Libertas, a Roman goddess, Lady Liberty gazes proudly into the distance, her right torch-bearing arm outstretched toward the skies, while her left-hand holds a tablet inscribed with the date of United States' Declaration of independence. Over the years, the statue has not only instilled a sense of pride among hordes of Americans but has also been an uplifting sight for tens of thousands of immigrants who charted foreign seas in a bid to start life anew.
Nathaniel Drake House was built by Isaac Drake as a gift to his son Nathaniel in the year 1743 in the Gothic Revival style of architecture. The house was resided by the first President of the United State George Washington while the Battle of Short Hills was in the process. Finally, in the year 1921, the History Society of Plainfield took the ownership of the house and decide to convert the house into a museum and was restored in the year 2006. When you visit the museum learn about the lifestyle of the residents in the house of an earlier era.
Saint Mary's Catholic Church Complex is one of the last remaining complexes dating back to the late 1800s. This majestic structure, built in 1871, is an architectural landmark in Plainfield. It exemplifies the High Victorian Gothic style replete with a pyramidal steeple, detailed arches and stained-glass windows. This historic church also has a vibrant social responsibility program.
Established in 1892, Grace Episcopal Church is one of the oldest places of worship in Plainfield. The imposing church building was constructed in the Gothic Revival style and features striking architectural details. Prominent original features of the church include the beautiful stained glass windows and historic organ.
The Presbyterian Church at Bound Brook located Bound Brook, New Jersey is a historic church constructed in 1896. Built by Teale and Oscar Schutte, the stone structure features Late 19th Century and Eclectic architecture influences. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2007.