Set Current Location
The opulent Meadowlands is a house that comes under the purview of Darien Community Association. This historic estate that is included in the National Register of Historic Places can now be hired for private celebrations and events.
It is a historic windmill located on Bronson Road in Fairfield, Connecticut. It was built in the year 1894 for Frederic Bronson, from whom it derives its name. It is a tall structure made of Georgia pine and has stone exteriors. The architectural style featured by the windmill is Corcoran Storm Defying Windmill. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in the year 1971 and is also a part of the Greenfield Hill Historic District.
The treasured landmark of Huntington Lighthouse has provided security and guided boats to safety for over a century. During the early 1800s, the Huntington harbor was a bustling port for ships commuting to Land Island. The lighthouse is still used as an active aid for navigation. The mission of the Huntington Lighthouse Preservation Society is to reinstate, handle and raise finances for further preservation of the same. Specialized tours are arranged each Sunday in summer from 11:00a to 3:00p. It also organizes events for the public and to gain their active participation. A few of the leading events include the Family Safe Boating Expo, All Chic Work Crew, Huntington Boating Safety Week, to enlist a few.
The esteemed First Presbyterian Church is accurately located at 175 East Main Street, Smithtown in Suffolk County. The ancient historic Presbyterian church building was constructed in 1825. It features on the National Register of Historic Places. It is established on a land cover of 2 acres (0.81 hectares). The sanctuary is a rectangular shaped, double storied, frame structure built in the measure of 56 foot by 34 foot. Sheathed in wood shingles and en-covered with afine gable roof, the structure is perfect in term of its aesthetics.
Commack Methodist Church and Cemetery is one of the earliest churches in New York State. The burials in the cemetery date back to the 18th Century. In 1985 it was accorded a listing in the National Register of Historic Places.