Cineteatro Massimo was one of the first multiscreen cinemas in the city. It has three rooms on three floors. It shows commercial films that follow the tastes of the public. The smallest screen is reserved for art films, which have less commercial success. Ever since the opening, it has hosted the Flaiano Prize which also includes an international cinema show. There is also a small bar here.
Dedicated to the poet from Pescara, this is an open air theater-monument that hosts a theatrical season every summer which includes concerts and ballet. On rainy evenings the shows take place at the cinema-theater Massimo. It is adjacent to the D'Avalos park and faces the sea. Made of cement, it was built in 1956. On the right side is a tall obelisk 65 meters (213 feet) high, made by Vincenzino Michetti and decorated with stylised motifs along its height. The surrounding area is green and fairly large, and if you adventure into the pinewood you will find the roots of liquorice which are a favorite with young people.
This is the place to see the youth of the city. Pescara's university population can usually be found in the many pubs and bars in the area during the year, and on the coast, especially to the north of the river, in summer. The places to go are from the old Borgo Marino to S. Filomena with the great hotels of Montesilvano to the north. Piazza I Maggio and the surrounding area has a number of places that offer something for all kinds of people. Some places have tennis courts and offer surfing and swimming lessons and aerobics. The beach is the place to play never ending games of volley ball or just chat with friends, however, some people prefer just to get going in the evening.
This church is of medieval origin, and still has perforated brick walls reinforced by buttresses and a brick plaster facade. The left side has buttresses, a stone portal and a window with a rounded arch. The bell tower is on the right side and has little windows. There are three naves inside, separated by pillars and rounded arches. There is a rectangular apse with a painting of the Virgin, Child and Two Saints.
According to legend, this place was built in 1498 on the site of a miraculous apparition. The frescoed portal of the Deposition is from 1505. On the left of the portal, is another Renaissance fresco of the Virgin, Child and two Angels. On the right side are remains of an old building which could have been a cloisters. The bell tower has little windows and finishes in a pyramid shape. The interior has one nave with a cross vault, decorations and ornaments. There is an arch by the apse and the main altar was made in 1642 with a great deal of golden stucco, decorated columns, allegoric statues and a 15th-century triptych. There are also frescoes by the school of Andrea de Litio. The church is found on the road between Alanno and Cugnoli. From Alanno, take the road for Cugnoli and turn left for Torre De Passeri. After 3 kilometers (1.9 miles) you find the church.
Built in the 17th Century to commemorate an apparition of the Madonna, this has a facade with a central, square part covered by stone blocks. Above the neoclassical portal is a square window underlined by a cornice. The upper, central part of the facade finished with an oval, horizontal cornice. The higher sides are sloping. The interior has a nave with two lateral chapels, covered by frescoes. The decorations contain 54 scenes and portraits. This is not far from Pietranico which can be reached by the A25 from Pescara, from the Casauria-Torre de Passeri exit.