Définissez votre emplacement
Established in 1792, Teatro La Fenice is regarded as one of the most respected venues in the history of Italian theater. Destroyed by fire three times, the theater was rebuilt, because of which it was named Teatro La Fenice (The Phoenix). Originally built by Gianantonio Selva, the later iterations were constructed by Tommaso and Giovanni Battista Meduna (1837) and Aldo Rossi (2003). Equipped with great acoustics, this premier opera house is among the best venues in town to watch superb opera performances, chamber music concerts, and ballets.
Located on Riva del Carbon, Ca' Farsetti is a beautiful palace in Venice. Boasting of a grand architectural design, the palace can be dated back to the 13th Century. It was modified in the 15th Century when two more floors were added to the originally two floored structure of the palace. The palace gained much popularity in 2014 when American actor George Clooney took his marriage vows at this palace.
Ospedale della Pieta was first established as a hotel where crusaders came to stay and was then turned into an orphanage, music school and convent rolled into one. Many of the graduates of the school became famed composers and musicians. Several orchestras were also formed in the institution and Vivaldi, who is a world renowned composer taught violin at the school. The building has been preserved till today although it has now been turned into a complex with a restaurant and hotel.
S’élevant au-dessus du Grand Canal, le pont du Rialto était autrefois le seul moyen de le traverser à pied. Ses majestueuses arcades domine les eaux troubles du canal de façon spectaculaires, permettant aux gondoles et aux bateaux-bus de glisser en-dessous. Le pont du Rialto fut construit en un temps record, entre 1588 et 1591, remplaçant ses prédécesseurs du XIIe siècle. Conçu par Antonio da Ponte, il constitue un véritable triomphe puisqu’il est resté intact depuis plus de quatre siècles. Aujourd’hui, le Rialto est l’un des quatre ponts qui traversent le Grand Canal, mais il demeure le plus important. Il abrite de petites boutiques vendant toutes sortes de souvenirs et de curiosités, tandis que le Mercato di Rialto est un marché local populaire situé à proximité.
Fondaco dei Tedeschi is located in the city of Venice, Italy. The building was constructed in the 13th Century and later re-constructed in 1508 inspired by Italian Renaissance architecture. Overlooking the Grand Canal, the palace is a four floored edifice which was built to accommodate German merchants.
The present church was built between 1745 and 1760, designed by Giorgio Massari. The facade, however, remained unfinished until the early 20th Century: it was only in 1906 that the completions started, according to the designs of the original project, with only a variation in the upper ornament (a cross in the center of the marble top, instead of three statues). The church is so named because it's located next to the old orphanage, located in Calle della Pietà, where Vivaldi lent his work during the 17th Century.