Hendricks Park is famous in Eugene as the oldest park in the city. This big verdant space has abundant trails and picnic spots to attract the crowd. The scenic beauty is ideal to spend a day in relative peace. Being an important city park, big community events are also held here from time to time.
Standing tall amongst beautiful pine trees, flower beds and meadows is the Shelton-McMurphey-Johnson House that was built in 1888. Perched on a hill, the house is named after the three families who resided there and is a pristine spectacle with green facades built in Queen Anne-style Victorian architecture. Today the house is open to the public and also offers rental space for weddings, club meetings, family parties, dinners and so on. To know more about this eclectic building, opt for their tours that cater to its history, occupants and so on.
Gamma Phi Beta Sorority House is located in Eugene, Oregon, United States. This splendid landmark was built in 1926 by architects Hunzicker & Gerow in the Tudor Revival style. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 24, 1991.
Built in 1859, the Eugene Masonic Cemetery is one of the historic landmarks of Eugene. Though initially, it belonged to the Masonic Lodge No.11, later it was taken over by the Eugene Masonic Cemetery Association. The association chose to retain the word 'Masonic' so as to highlight the cemetery's history. Another highlight of this cemetery is the Hope Abbey Mausoleum; both the cemetery as well as the mausoleum is placed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Known as the largest cemetery, the Eugene Pioneer Cemetery is a cemetery that comprises of 16 acres of land and consists of almos 5000 burials. This place is filled with greenary around with trees and plants, this is an amazing place to visit for an evening walk. Also known for it's serene atmosphere this place is the best to mourn for the lost loved ones.
Nestled in the sprawling campus of the University of Oregon, the Villard Hall was constructed in 1886. It is named after a German immigrant who went on to become Northern Pacific Railroad's President and also headed the General Electric Company. In 1972, this historical landmark that was designed by Warren H. Williams, featured in the list of National Historic Landmarks.