Located in the countryside of Nottinghamshire, Thurgarton is a small village with a population of 412 people. This pleasant village is filled with an old world charm, thanks to the small cottages, the parish church and other historical structures. This place is known to have been a destination of pilgrimage as people would come to visit and homage to Walter Hilton, a Christian prelate.
Located within University of Lincoln, this is a hub of arts with a huge variety of performing arts shows. Plays, comedies and dances are awaiting to please your five senses. For ticketing information, please call +44 844 888 4414.
Located in the center of the town and in the midst of a bustling tourist area, St Mary Magdalene church is a place where you can find peace and calmness amidst all the bustling of the streets. This church was built somewhere around 1280 and though there have been many restorations since its origins, some of medieval elements have always remained. On element that stands out from the medieval times is an old bell dating back to 1350, which is still used quite often and is in such good condition.
RAF Skellingthorpe is a historic air force station which served as a base during World War II. The station was inaugurated in 1941 and has three runways. The station served as a storage unit for crashed aircraft. Currently a room in the station has been converted into a museum and it has various photos and artifacts on display related to the World War.
The ancient Stow Minster of Minster Church of St Mary is located in the Stow in Lindsey region. The church can be dated back to the 7th century however it is noted that the site housed a much more older church before this. Built in the Perpendicular and Decorated style of architecture, the church is beautifully crafted with stone. The churchyard houses graves of war veterans. The church has been preserved aggressively given the stature and significance. A designated site of English heritage, the church offers many engaging programs and services. Check website for information.
Located in Lowdham, this church is believed to date back to the 12th Century and is one of the oldest monuments in the region.
The Diamond Jubilee Town Hall was built in 1897 on the spot in the marketplace where Greyhound Inn used to be, with material recovered from an old Court and Correction Facility. Built in Palladian style the building was recently renovated extensively. Apart from the Upper Hall and the Lower Hall, there is a Heritage Room which displays historic artifacts about the town. There are also two meeting rooms available for smaller groups. The small walled courtyard on one side is ideal for wedding photographs.
Dating back to the 14th Century, St Helen's Church in Kneeton was partly reconstructed and restored between the years 1879 and 1890 by Ewan Christian. Today, St Helen's Church is an outstanding landmark and is maintained wonderfully. The porch, nave and the chancel underwent restoration in the year 1879. In the year 2000, the clock was built to celebrate the new century and in 2001, a new addition was made to the existing three treble bells of St Helen's Church. English Heritage has marked St Helen's Church as a Grade II listed structure.