Set Current Location
Surrounded by the lush greenery of Casa degli Atellani's gardens, Leonardo da Vinci's Vineyard has a long history. Gifted to Leonardo da Vinci by Duke Ludovico Sforza, the vineyard was forgotten for centuries until 2015. consisting of a museum, the most notable feature of the vineyard is that the grapes here were replanted in the original 15th-century pattern.
Commissioned by Ludovico di Moro and designed by Guiniforte Solari, this building was intended as a mausoleum for the Sforzesco dynasty, in which the remains of the duke and his wife, Beatrice d'Este, as well as others connected with the family, were to be laid to rest. The adjoining Dominican convent's cloister and sacristy were later renovated by Bramante. This is of particular interest as is the gallery's terracotta ornamentation, which became one of the main motifs in northern Italian Renaissance architecture. One of the most famous paintings, The Last Supper is housed here.
Basilica di Santa Maria delle Grazie is one of the early Christian churches in the historic city of Grado, Italy overlooking the Patriarchs Court. The basilica is artistically ornamented with decorative mosaics, motifs and inscriptions dating back to the era when it was first constructed. It is a simple church perfect for spending a peaceful time devoted to oneself in front of the lord.
This house was built between 1905 and 1906 by Antonio Tagliaferri, just behind the newly-demolished Spanish walls. The style is a combination of Viennese architecture and local styles. Built for the upper middle classes in Milan, it is a typical example of the second wave of Art Nouveau that hit the city. A feature of interest is the the pharmacy on the corner which has preserved its original interior.
This old, early Christian basilica is one of the oldest buildings in the city, built to house the relics of St.Vittore and St. Satiro. There are remains of the Oratorio of St. Martino ad Corpus (destroyed in 700), as well as the octagonal mausoleum of St. Gregorio, even featured in some views from the 16th century, which testifies to it's antiquity. The octagonal martyrium is also a prototype of the flourishing and vast spread of the ambrosian baptistry style. The building of the new olivetano complex began in 1508, while the church began to be rebuilt in 1560. It is difficult to say who designed it, views on this range from Galeazzo Alessi and Vincenzo Seregni. The incomplete facade offers formal solutions of great interest. The ex-monastery of St. Vittore, rebuilt by the Olivetani in th 16th century is of interest, and it now houses the 'Leonardo da Vinci' Museum of Science and Technology in addition to being one of the most interesting monastic structures of the first half of the 16th century.
Porta Nuova is a prime commercial district in Milan, Italy. The place has derived its name from an 18th century Napoleon gate with a unique sandstone design. The district is constantly undergoing major architectural developments backed by the vision of some notable architects. Some of the ongoing projects include construction of high rise buildings, cultural centers, public parks and metro stations.