Set Current Location
Located between the Notre-Dame and Berri Streets, the Dalhousie Station is a now-defunct station that was built in 1884. One of the oldest structures in the neighborhood, the station claims to be the oldest remaining railway station in the city. Incorporated within the Dalhousie Square that was built in 2004, the place joins two important Montreal neighborhoods namely, Old Montreal and Faubourg Québec. The Dalhousie Station is also known to play host to Cirque Éloize since 2004.
A part of the Old Port of Montreal, the John Young Monument is a monument dedicated to John Young, a pioneer who played a crucial role in developing the port.
Notre-Dame's twin towers have served as an Old Montreal landmark since the Neo-Gothic basilica was finished in 1829. Today they continue to be the focal point, where tourists disembark from buses and calèche drivers line up for passengers. The interior glows with gilded statuary and gold-leafed fleurs de lys, and is home to one of the largest pipe organs in the world. The Montreal Symphony Orchestra performs its Christmas production of Messiah here at the Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal or the Notre-Dame Basilica.
A part of the popular Place d'Armes square, the Maisonneuve Monument was sculpted by Louis-Philippe Hébert. It is dedicated to Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve, the city's founder.
Located in the historic district of Old Montreal, 500 Place D'Armes is one of the tallest buildings in the city. Designed by architects Jacques David and Pierra Boulva, the building towers more than 430 feet (133 meters). Originally built as the Banque Canadienne Nationale Tower, the structure boasts of 32 stories and doubles up as a popular landmark on Montreal's skyline.
Bank of Montreal is the oldest bank in the country and its head office, located on Saint Jacques Street, is one of the oldest buildings in Montreal. Major portions of the building were designed by architect John Wells between 1845 and 1847. Facing Place d'Armes, the Bank of Montreal Head Office stands a story high in a prestigious historic district of the city. Sporting a Greek pantheon-like facade and a neoclassical style of architecture, it is one of the most striking structures in the neighborhood.