Define localização actual
Dating back to 1901 and built by the “Father of Fort Lauderdale,” Stranahan House is also referred to as the Pioneer House. In 1984, this mansion was opened for public viewing as a house museum and almost 10,000 tourists visit this landmark annually. Now a historic riverside museum, the elegantly restored house contains antiques, turn-of-the-century furnishings and old photographs of the area. It is also an example of classic Florida Frontier architecture. The house has previously been used as a post office, town hall and general store. The events hosted here includes tours, the Pineapple Jam, the Peter Pan Pirate Party and more. This lovely museum can also be hired for private events and special celebrations.
Dating back to 1921, this historic two-story, 35.4 acres (14.16 hectare) waterfront house was once the winter home of artist Frederic Clay Bartlett and his wife Evelyn. The Bonnet House is serenely elegant and preserved amidst the urban expansion of Fort Lauderdale Beach, which is what makes the land so special. Mrs. Bartlett, who died in 1997, gave the estate to the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation in 1983 to keep the property unchanged. Several concerts and events are held here throughout the year, and the house is available for private events such as weddings. Named for a waterlily that once inhabited the property, the Bonnet House is open year-round for guided tours.
The Fort Lauderdale History Center is run by the Fort Lauderdale Historical Society and is a historic museum complex that comprises of three well preserved 19th-century buildings. The 1905 New River Inn is the main history museum with period artifacts, dioramas and photos. The 1907 King-Cromartie House gives visitors a glimpse of an early 20th-century home. The center offers programs for children which include hands-on re-enactments, schoolhouse classes, guided tours of exhibits in the museum of history, guided walking tours of the grounds and lectures throughout the year.
Located south of Las Olas Boulevard, this complex is home to several unique destinations for aquatic sports enthusiasts. The museum houses a large collection of aquatic Olympic memorabilia, including Mark Spitz's starting block (used in the 1972 Olympics) and Johnny Weissmuller's medals. The Tripp Family Art Gallery and Henning Library and Archives are dedicated to chronicling and memorializing great performances in swimming, diving, water polo and synchronized swimming.
The Link Trainer Building in Fort Lauderdale, Florida became the Naval Air Station Fort Lauderdale Museum. It is of great importance, having served as one of the 257 air stations in World War II. It aims at the preservation of national as well as international naval air artifacts in a way that educates the public. The museum was dismantled in 1998 and relocated to its current location in 1999. The research library offers a great deal of knowledge via more than 3000 volumes touching various aspects of history.